The Salon. The dream.

Tip Top Hair Design   Is a little over 10years old now, and just 5months younger than my daughter.     I am so incredibly proud of the business I have grown throughout this period, battling through some. of the toughest economic times in recent history. 

In February 2004 I left my previous employer to go on maternity leave.  6 weeks later we welcomed Elizabeth into our lives.

                                               
Elizabeth 


I fully intended to go back to the salon at the end of my maternity leave. However the hours offered didn't fit into our family life and with other reasons too, I was going work nights in a local supermarket. (I never did).

One day by chance I was chatting to a friend who mentioned to me that her beautician was looking for someone to rent out part of her beauty salon, she thought I should give her a call, I wasn't sure. My own business wasn't something I'd really EVER  considered. Could I do it. Could I do it with a baby? Were all questions whizzing round my head. 

The Answer was YES

I went to see Jayne and had a lovely chat with her to see the intended hair salon area,  this was one small Room and not really large enough,  I negotiated two rooms and a rental amount. When I returned home I spent hours putting together a business plan, eventually Researching stock and furniture.

2 months later I opened the doors to Tip Top and I've never looked back. I started with a couple of days a week whilst Elizabeth was at a child minders.  I worked on my own and did everything. From shampooing, cleaning, answering the phone and of course hairdressing, I started with 2 small rooms I now have the entire unit (5 rooms) and an excellent  team of girls working for me. 


Christmas jumper day 2014
(Ruth, Aimee, Me, Leonie, Ellie isn't here)

One of the reasons I decided to write a blog to help try and inspire people into going after there dreams, I believe that being a Mum gives me incredible drive, I need to succeed I need to pay our mortgage. I need to make her and the rest of my family proud. Having my own salon also gives me the flexibility of being around for my daughter when it really matters. 

In business  dreams can come true. I'm living mine








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts