Local is Best

Why Use Local?

Why?

Where ever possible I try my hardest to use local businesses, this is because the companies I use have the personal touch, the feeling of being really understood,  like they know me,  my business and what it all means to me.

I work really hard for my salon and that's because I put my heart and soul into it each and every day. Probably most nights too! I like to use companies that feel that way too.

Who I'd recommend. 

Sence accounting have been amazing for me, they haven't saved me colossal amounts of money, though they have a little, or turned me into a fabulous booked keeper, I am one of those annoying carrier bag clients (sorry jane). What they have done is understood me, my business and even my family life.  They've taken away my fear of accountants and it was a huge from having a bad experience  somewhere else. I used to shake before going to see them. My fear of sounding stupid when I tell them I don't understand something. Let's be honest if I understood the ins and outs of accounting and book keeping I might be doing that instead! 
They haven't laughed or been to busy. When I call or email them it's like contacting friends.  

At Sence Nothing is to small a query or to large one.  If they don't know an answer they have contacts who will.  

For this I'd like to thank all at Sence.
 
Photo by kind permission of Sarah



Website designers extraordinaire, when structuring my website I wasn't really sure what I wanted.  I knew what I didn't want.   I gave this info to Justine and Peter and they went away for a while and compiled the new site.  With a few tweaks here and there it was everything I dreamed off.  

I started working with them about 4 years ago and every now and then we update the site.  
Adding new pages. Or the online shop.  We are currently advancing with a SEO site.  Again they listened, they've taken into account my budget and that things in the hairdressing world can change ensuring its a content managed site helps with this.  

I am completely overwhelmed with how they have understood what it is I wanted to achieve from how it looks to ease of use.
Thank you Justine and Peter
Photo by kind permission od Justine


Cureton Consulting. 
One of the ways of marketing that we are keen on is social media marketing. Karen from Cureton Consulting is fantastic at this, she tweets for me 5 times a day. Monday to Friday. She is proactive and is continually changing the tweets to reflect what's going on in the salon. Karen keeps in close contact with me to check that they are sending out the right message to our followers, engaging new followers building connections is her speciality, she even helped us to win the Theo Paphitis SBS.  Karen you are a very talented lady your time and dedication is tremendous and you are helping to build our salon.

Photo by kind permission of Karen
 

Thank you. 


These are my businesses for October. There are others that have helped me and who I also really value. But these are the ones I wanted to review first.  I plan to do a review every month or so of local businesses that are fabulous. Keep an eye out for the next one. 

Thank you for reading.
 




Comments

Popular Posts